Monday, July 30, 2012

The lams are laminated, and the axle has been machined. Also, some EVcalc shots of what this thing will do with some different gearing.

Peak Effeciency: 94%
Highest top speed: 96.4 mph
Highest sustainable top speed: 88.8mph (no kidding!)
Fastest 0-60 time: 3.7 seconds @ top speed of  68mph


Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Photobucket

Friday, July 27, 2012

The new stator laminations are here! 230 of them to be exact. Thanks so much to laser laminations!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The swingarm is all mocked up, and the laminations should arrive tomorrow Hopefully will be able to start winding this weekend!!


Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Sunday, July 22, 2012

A HUGE thanks to the folks at laser laminations

Like the title said, after one of the two donor motor's lam stacks decided to depart the lathe, I sent out quotes to a few different places fearing the worst. But as it turns out, a few emails later I am sponsored! Thanks so much to laser laminations!. Anywho, on the bike front there's new stuff going in. A re-designed swingarm and pivot are in the works, and the sidecovers have some nice SKF bearings pressed in and ready to go.


 Coming apart:




Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

New stuff going on, SKF bearings concentric with the BB. Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App SKF! Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The outer case of the motor is done, all up weight is 8 pounds so far:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Heres some shots of previous stuff I have built:

The race bike frame, hot out of the oven:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App The race bike, set up for commuting: Photobucket The stator from the first motor I built Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Monday, July 16, 2012

Working on a new motor, hopefully should be capable of more than 15kw continuous at 3000 rpm. Heres some stats:

 175mm stator diameter
 80mm stator width
18 teeth
16 N52 magnets
 6 turns of 12 paralell 18AWG windings
 ~14 lbs
Photobucket Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App